Date posted: Apr 25, 2018
PURPOSE and SCOPE
As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for the preparation and review of monthly financial reports and conducting moderate to complex financial and economic analysis projects. Your duties will also include analyzing the accounting and financial records of the Company to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Education and Experience
• University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related program.
• A CPA designation is required.
• Thorough understanding of financial reporting and costing in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in preparation of audit working paper files.
• Experience and knowledge in the agricultural sector would be an asset.
• Experience with JD Edwards or other similar ERP systems would be an asset.
• Experience with IFRS and Public Company reporting requirements would be an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
• Well developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to discuss observations on financial information with management.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to excel in a team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office XP including: Word, Excel and Outlook.