*Term*Technical Publications Specialist (#Tech Pubs 001)
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on August 24, 2015
Education and Experience
Job applicants must have one of the following:
• Formal education as a technical writer and/or illustrator (e.g., graduate of Technical Communications program at Red River College)
• Minimum of one year of related experience
Skills and Knowledge
Job applicants must have the following:
• Strong technical writing and/or illustration skills
• Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office products
The following would be an asset:
• Experience with a raster bitmap software program such as Photoshop or Photo Paint
• Experience with a computer aided design program, preferably Solid Edge
• Experience with an XML- or DITA-based authoring tool, preferably Arbortext Editor
• Experience with IsoDraw Illustration software
• Experience creating and publishing technical documents for print or online
• A farm background
• Mechanical aptitude
• Create, maintain, and publish Operator’s Manuals, Unloading and Assembly Instructions, Kit Instructions, Technical Manuals, and Parts Catalogs.
• Research and write clear and detailed contextual information, reference information, and procedures for inclusion in the above documents using reference materials provided by Engineering design staff and Product Support staff.
• Take and edit digital photographs in support of the above documents.
• Manipulate existing 3D solid model files (Solid Edge) and bitmap files to create illustrations for the above documents.