Supplier Quality Engineer (#Supplier Eng 002)
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on November 17, 2014
Education and Experience
• A university degree in engineering or science or a technology diploma with equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum 5 years of applied Supplier Quality Assurance experience in a medium to high volume hi-tech industry.
• Lean six sigma training is an asset
Skills and Knowledge
• Thorough knowledge of Supplier Quality Assurance programs including; selection, qualification, development, auditing and surveillance.
• Solid experience in Quality Management System and Manufacturing Processes auditing methods and techniques.
• Applied experience in statistics and statistical process control.
• Effective oral/written communication, interpersonal, leadership, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and external suppliers/subcontractors.
• Computer skills; ERP, Windows OS, Microsoft office.
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Self starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Development, execution and maintenance of the supplier quality management systems including:
o Assist in the development and maintenance of MacDon Supplier Quality Requirements.
o Support the Supplier evaluation, qualification and approval Process.
o Support the development and maintenance of the MacDon approved vendors list (AVL).
• Support the, development, execution and maintenance of the supplier quality surveillance programs including:
o Supplier Audit Program
o Supplier Performance monitoring
o Supplier Rating System and Reporting
• Interface with parts, materials and outsourcing suppliers on all quality issues.
• Work with Procurement to ensure that relevant MacDon quality requirements are included in the purchase orders.
• Chairing of the Supplier MRB, disposition of supplier nonconforming products and execution of the Supplier Corrective Action System.
• Participate in the collection of the necessary data and develop the appropriate key performance indicators that accurately depict the quality levels of purchased parts/material and outsourced services. These quality levels are dynamic and should be achieved and increased regularly.
• Participate in the enhancements and development of measuring reports and tools to accurately depict the overall performance of the supplier quality function.
• Support the Product Realization Process and represents the Supplier Quality function in the New Product Development cross functional teams.
• Support the New Product Introduction (NPI) activities from a supplier quality perspective.