Security Systems Administrator (#IT-003)
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on February 10, 2014
• University Degree/Technical Diploma in Computer Science is required
• Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience with IT security technology
• Certified or willing to attain certification as a Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other security related designations.
• An in-depth knowledge of IT Security technologies
• An in-depth knowledge of networking technologies
• Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office products 2007 or higher.
• Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent writing skills for developing both informational materials and security documentation.
• A strong aptitude to deal effectively with the rapidly changing area of IT Security quickly and independently.
Reporting to the Security Systems Manager this position is responsible for maintaining integrity, confidentiality, and availability of company electronic data and information by designing, implementing, monitoring, and enforcing overall information security policies, processes, and guidelines for MacDon's computing environment. This incumbent works with the Business, and other areas of IT to maintain a comprehensive IT security stance designed to deliver a safe compute environment for MacDon's intellectual Property.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
• Provide recommendations for IT Security planning and direction.
• Provide recommendations for an IT Security Domain Architecture.
• Responsible for managing all computer accounts for all deployed applications and technology at MacDon and it subsidiaries
• Responsible for protecting all of MacDon's intellectual property via security technology, education and policy enforcement.
• Manage and maintain MacDon's perimeter defenses against SPAM, Trojans, Viruses, Hackers, Phishing, Social Engineering.
• Conduct IT Security assessments of systems, applications and networks.
• Responsible for ensuring all Security Technology is patched and up to date
• Responsible in assisting with development and presentation of the MacDon's Computer Security awareness program
• Researches Security trends and technologies and provides recommendations compliment MacDon's security stance.
• Provides support with IT Security applications/services with compliance requirements.
• Keep current on all IT Security related issues.