Manager Parts-MacDon Australia (#MD-AUS 20151)
Location: Campbellfield, Victoria · Posted on January 14, 2015
- A post-secondary degree is desired, but Community College or undergraduate training will be considered.
- A minimum of 5-15 years’ experience in a service parts operation.
- Experience in inventory control and forecasting required; C.P.I.M. designation or working towards designation would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Supervising distribution center staff for an efficient and cost-effective operation.
- Must have proven managerial skills and proven ability in developing marketing plans for service parts distribution.
- Have a mathematical understanding of margins, currency exchange rates, ROI, etc.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office XP including Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint (formal training required).
- Must have well developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to inventory control functions would be an asset.
- Experience with JD Edwards, JIWA, Easy Parts or other ERP systems would be an asset.
- Practical knowledge of systems and technology (bar-coding, WMS).
- Strong knowledge of safety requirements related to distribution center operations.
- Knowledge of distribution center design and layout an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for leadership, team building, training, supervising, negotiating, and interdepartmental interacting.
- Customer Service driven.
- Prioritizing, planning, time management, organization, and administrative abilities.
- Responsible, self-motivated and hard working.
- Ability to work with all levels of Management.
- Perform the day to day management of the Parts Department operations including warehouse and parts office staffing.
- Assist in performing inventory control and forecasting functions for a small group of high profile, high volume parts.
- Assist in picking, packing and shipment of parts in peak season.
- Calculating parts margins and generating price files.
- Assisting in generating or monitoring HTS codes for parts in the active parts data base.
- Supervise staff.
- Performance management of employees, staff planning and scheduling.
- Training staff and dealers in MacDon systems.
- Responsible for promoting a positive and safe work environment.
- Assist in training all employees in safety, procedures and product knowledge.
- Completion of performance reports and analysis.
- Work with other departments to develop and implement operational improvements.
- Collecting and recording key operating metrics.
- Responsible for physical security integrity and placement of shipping inventory.
- Generating marketing plans to increase retail sales of MacDon service parts.
- Manage inbound and outbound activities related to receipt, replenishment, storage, order fulfillment, shipments, and claims.
- Set daily priorities to attain schedules and goals.
- Ensure accurate inventory with approved procedures, root cause analysis, and corrective actions.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Coordinate the after-hours phone service.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to getting the job done.
- Work with Management on any tasks assigned from time to time.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources, Heather Horton, Director of Human Resources, MacDon Industries Ltd., firstname.lastname@example.org.