Director, Design Engineering (#DOE-002)
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on September 26, 2014
• B.Sc. in Engineering (additional education in business is desirable)
• Outstanding leadership with a minimum of ten (10) years of increasing responsibilities in a Design Engineering leadership role.
• Strong background in concurrent engineering methodologies and tools
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Design Engineer
• Ideally from a strong farm background
• Experience in the design of harvesting equipment highly desirable
• Working knowledge of CAD, FEA, instrumentation, and other design, build and test technologies and tools
• Experience with product validation and verification testing (lab and field)
• Experience with lean methodologies applied in a design environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead large teams consisting of Engineers, Technologists, and Skilled Trades
• Demonstrated process focus
• Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
• Comfortable working in and with International markets
• Ensure design teams are appropriately staffed with the needed skills and tools (this includes the design function, prototype build shop, lab testing, and field testing)
• Ensure development plans for team members are robust
• Provide the most innovative work environment possible to support leading edge product development
• Apply, develop, and implement engineering policies, procedures, standards, and work instructions to ensure robust design/build/test methodologies are followed and designs are fully validated and verified
• Own Design Engineering department deliverables in support of cross functional/concurrent engineering initiatives across the organization.
• Participate fully as a member of the Sr. Management team with other department Directors and the Company Executive.
• Improve our processes and resulting outcomes.