Eletrical Design Engineer (#EDE- 001)
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on March 4, 2014
• Graduate of an accredited Engineering program.
• Eligibility for APEGM
• Experience in machine design, and a strong background in mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems are assets.
• Farm background is an asset.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the main job responsibilities and priorities that this position must focus on, must achieve and must excel at:
• Participation as a team member in all team project activities as identified, including but not limited to:
o Project planning.
o Component, subsystem, system designs to meet set objectives of performance, cost, durability, etc.
o Tool design and support.
o Development of product and service related publications.
o Selection of materials and manufacturing processes.
o Selection of vendors.
o Design support for current product production and field issues.
o Prototype build planning and support
o Prototype testing planning and support
• Familiarizing with existing MacDon products and competitive products.
• Development of electronic design models, drawings, and supporting information that meet MacDon requirements.
• Engineering analysis of designs using hand calculations and other tools to confirm design capabilities.
• Design and support directly prototype build and test activities (including field tests).
• Review and take appropriate action to all daily test reports.
• Other duties as assigned.