Procurement Specialist (#PS-001)
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on November 25, 2013
Education and Experience
• Five years of procurement experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Relevant post-secondary education preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
• Working knowledge of MRP systems, Excel and Word (or equivalent).
• Supplier development experience.
• Negotiation skills.
• Lean training is an asset (ex. Lean Green Belt).
• Lead role in sourcing, supplier evaluation and contract negotiation.
• On-time delivery of assigned commodities.
• Obtains competitive price quotes and assists with the preparation and implementation of formal bids.
• Supports Buyers by creating and reviewing Purchase Orders when necessary
• Instructs or supports Supplier Schedulers.
• Uses the Master Production Schedule to communicate long- and short-term demand.
• Monitors past dues through Late Purchase Order report.
• Uses the PPV report to identify cost overruns.
• Manages inventory through the days of supply report; minimize/eliminate obsolescence and surplus.
• Supplier development and quality management with supplier quality group.
• Set up annual standard costs.
• Other duties as assigned by the Procurement Manager.